Ewing, NJ - January 19, 2005
Lab Buddy” is a small lightweight bench top O/E instrument which incorporates Discovery’s family of wide bandwidth photodiodes and receivers. Our newer Balanced Photodiode Lab Buddy model can now be ordered with an option of integrated variable optical delay line.
The reason for integrating optical delay line is to match precisely the path lengths of the two photodiodes in a balanced version. One meter of fiber length is approximately 5 nano-seconds of delay, so 1 millimeter of fiber length is approximately 5 pico-seconds of delay. This path length matching is critical for 40 Gb/s applications, where the bit period is 25 pico-seconds.
- +/- 300 pico-seconds Variable Optical Delay
- Balanced Photodiodes from 10G to 40G with built in bias voltage
- Front Panel Removable Fiber Optic HIGH QUALITY connectors
- Switch selectable photocurrent monitoring for convenient balance adjustment
- Amplifier options available
- 110V or 220V plug-in instrument
Click here for more information on the Balanced Photodiodes Optical Delay Line Lab Buddy
Click here for more information on Discovery's line of Instrumentation
For additional information, including complete product specifications, operational capabilities and pricing, or to discuss your application in detail, please call Discovery at: (609) 434-1311 or fax: (609) 434-1317.